Oh Hey friend!
This meal prep recipe is quick, easy, healthy and most importantly DELICIOUS!
You can eat it hot or cold which is a treat for those of us who often don’t have access to a microwave at work! Here’s what you need:
- Chicken breast (cut into small to medium pieces)
- Cajun seasoning
- Table spoon of oil
- Cous Cous
- Red and yellow peppers – sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons of pesto
- Kale – washed and stalks removed
- Season chicken with thyme, cajun, olive oil and a splash of water
- Cook in the oven according to instructions (25 to 35 minutes)
- Once cooked, pour the chicken and chicken stock stock into a pot
- Boil the kale in water with a pinch of salt for 8 minutes
- Add pesto, cous cous and boiled water to the pot with the chicken
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place a lid on top of the pot and allow it to sit for 5 minutes
- Once the cous cous is cooked, stir in the sliced peppers and kale
- Divide into portions
- Fridge/freeze for storage 🙂
You can see the VIDEO RECIPE here!
Truly loved this prep, so easy and convenient and truly delicious!
Let me know if you try it!
I LOVE THAI FOOD
Ever since I did that really original millennial rite of passage – travelled solo around Thailand for four weeks – I have been in LOVE with Thai food. Apart from a distinct lack of readily available mature cheddar cheese (seriously searched everywhere and could not find a strong enough cheese?) that land really does have it all.
The raw ingredients can be a bit fiddly to get hold of, but here’s a simple, quick and delicious Thai green curry that I haven’t been able to stop eating this week!
- Thai Green curry Paste
- 1 can Low Fat Coconut milk
- Thinly sliced Chicken pieces (swap for butter beans for a veggie option!)
- Spring onions, chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped
- Vegetable oil or Sunflower oil
- Chilli flakes for seasoning
- Tarragon for seasoning
- Vegetables of choice ( sliced mushrooms & red peppers)
- Heat the oil and fry your sliced garlic until it is a very light brown – DON’T BURN IT. sorry for the capitals but burning it will ruin the taste so if you burn them just throw them out and order in
- Add the thai green curry paste and mix
- Add the chicken and cook until it’s nearly done
- Rinse and boil rice
- Add the coconut milk (1 400ml can goes with 1/3 of a thai green curry paste jar, I personally use the whole jar of paste because I like it less creamy)
- Add the tarragon and chilli flakes for an extra kick
- Add the vegetables and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes
- Serve with rice!
To get that cute fancy shaped rice, simply place your rice in a small bowl or Tupperware tub, fill it up and press it down into the tub, then turn it over onto your plate! Garnish with fresh basil for extra instagram likes.
Add in MORE vegetables, use less oil, use lean chicken breast and serve a smaller portion of rice for a lower calorie/leaner dish.
Let me know what you think if you try it!
I give it a Dr Saz rating of 8.36/10
I love this meal.
Best fresh, but equally meal prep-able.
I’m really enjoying trying alternatives to my traditional meals these days!This organic black bean spaghetti from Aldi is made 100% from black soya beans. It’s gluten free, naturally full of protein, fibre and surprisingly low carbohydrate. But most importantly – it doesn’t taste like crap!
It’s slowly becoming one of my favourites not only because of how great it tastes, but because it looks really cool and helps me look like a top of the range foodie instagrammer.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- Black Bean Spaghetti
- Salmon flakes
- Sesame Oil
- Fresh Lemon juice
- Ginger (fresh or puree)
- Salt & Pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Vegetables of choice (I’m using red peppers, baby corn and fresh greens)
- Sesame seeds to finish
- Boil spaghetti in hot water until it is almost done – takes like 4 mins
- Add the sesame oil, all the dry seasoning, red peppers and the baby corn to a hot frying pan
- Throw in the spaghetti
- Add the lemon juice and ginger paste
- Add the greens
- Mix it all up
- You can either sprinkle the salmon on top or throw it in the mix
- Serve, instagram and eat slightly less hot than if you hadn’t instagrammed it
Let me know if you try it! I would love to see when you do! Tag me on instagram, twitter and facebook @DrSarasienna or use the hashtag #DrSaraSienna
Today we are making a delicious mackerel and feta salad! It’s a party in your mouth, full of flavour, protein and omega 3. If you are thinking ‘but my goodness Sara, don’t you hate salads?’ Yes. You aint wrong hon’ – click here to read my post on how to not hate salads.
Read it? Ok let’s get
cooking I mean combining!
You will need:
For the Salad:
- Yellow Pepper
- Bistro salad leaves
- Feta Cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chopped tomatoes
For the dressing:
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Teaspoon of honey
This was really easy to write because you legit just cut everything up and throw it together. I would say for the dressing dilute it for a less punchy taste and stir well to combine the honey.
Let me know what ya think if you try it!
XOXO Dr Saz