I LOVE THAI FOOD
Ever since I did that really original millennial rite of passage – travelled solo around Thailand for four weeks – I have been in LOVE with Thai food. Apart from a distinct lack of readily available mature cheddar cheese (seriously searched everywhere and could not find a strong enough cheese?) that land really does have it all.
The raw ingredients can be a bit fiddly to get hold of, but here’s a simple, quick and delicious Thai green curry that I haven’t been able to stop eating this week!
- Thai Green curry Paste
- 1 can Low Fat Coconut milk
- Thinly sliced Chicken pieces (swap for butter beans for a veggie option!)
- Spring onions, chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped
- Vegetable oil or Sunflower oil
- Chilli flakes for seasoning
- Tarragon for seasoning
- Vegetables of choice ( sliced mushrooms & red peppers)
- Heat the oil and fry your sliced garlic until it is a very light brown – DON’T BURN IT. sorry for the capitals but burning it will ruin the taste so if you burn them just throw them out and order in
- Add the thai green curry paste and mix
- Add the chicken and cook until it’s nearly done
- Rinse and boil rice
- Add the coconut milk (1 400ml can goes with 1/3 of a thai green curry paste jar, I personally use the whole jar of paste because I like it less creamy)
- Add the tarragon and chilli flakes for an extra kick
- Add the vegetables and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes
- Serve with rice!
To get that cute fancy shaped rice, simply place your rice in a small bowl or Tupperware tub, fill it up and press it down into the tub, then turn it over onto your plate! Garnish with fresh basil for extra instagram likes.
Add in MORE vegetables, use less oil, use lean chicken breast and serve a smaller portion of rice for a lower calorie/leaner dish.
Let me know what you think if you try it!
I give it a Dr Saz rating of 8.36/10